Topic – This week’s discussion is on a current event or recent research related to atoms, atomic structure, or chemical bonds.
Instructions and requirements – Choose a science news article highlighting a current event or recent research related to this week’s topic. In searching for an appropriate article, the following online science news sources are suggested
- Science Daily http://www.sciencedaily.com/
- e! Science News http://esciencenews.com/
- Phys.org http://phys.org/
Do not use reference websites like Wikipedia or internet blogs as sources.
- Write a 300-word essay about the article. The essay should have the following structure
- Paragraph 1 – a summary, in your own words, of the article’s highlights and main points (about 10 sentences or 100 words)
- Paragraph 2 – a discussion, in your own words and ideas, of how the article relates to the concepts studied in class this week (about 10 sentences or 100 words)
- Paragraph 3 – a discussion, in your own words and ideas, of why the article is important (about 10 sentences or 100 words). This part focuses on one of the main objectives of this course – relating science to practical application and everyday life
- Include the exact web address that will link directly to the article
- Due 6/1/2017 3pm eastern time. PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE