PS450 Industrial Organizational Psychology
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling, and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double‐spaced pages; refer to the “Format Requirementsʺ page for specific format requirements.
1. Briefly describe the Hawthorne studies and explain their results.
2. Describe how these results are reflected in contemporary practice and work environment, providing two (2) examples.
1. Compare and contrast experimental and correlational methods, providing one (1) similarity and one (1) difference.
2. Provide two (2) examples of studies that use experimental methods and two (2) examples of studies that use correlational methods.
1. Compare and contrast two (2) methods of job analysis, providing one (1) similarity and one (1) difference.
2. Which of the two (2) methods you described is more efficient and when? Provide two (2) supporting facts to justify your position.
Discuss the use of subjective personal opinions in making hiring decisions. Describe two (2) reasons that support using subjective personal opinions and two (2) reasons against such use.
Respond to the following 5 questions in 300 to 350 words per question using the case study provided.
Why is this an ethical dilemma? Which APA Ethical Principles help frame the nature of the dilemma?
Does this situation meet the standards set by the duty to protect statue? How might whether or not Dr. Yeung’s state includes researchers under such a statute influence Dr. Yeung’s ethical decision making? How might the fact that Dr. Yeung is a research psychologist without training or licensure in clinical practice influence the ethical decision?
How are APA Ethical Standards 2.01a b, and c; 2.04; 3.04; 3.06; 4.01; 4.02; and 10.10a relevant to this case? Which other standards might apply?
What are Dr. Yeung’s ethical alternatives for resolving this dilemma? Which alternative best reflects the Ethics Code aspirational principle and enforceable standard, as well as legal standards and Dr. Yeung’s obligations to stakeholders?
What steps should Dr. Yeung take to ethically implement her decision and monitor its effects?
Fisher, C. B. (2013). Decoding the ethics code: A practical guide for psychologists. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
The post What are Dr. Yeung’s ethical alternatives for resolving this dilemma? Which alternative best reflects the Ethics Code aspirational principle and enforceable standard, as well as legal standards and Dr. Yeung’s obligations to stakeholders? appeared first on nursing writers.